Monday, October 19, 2009

New guy in the gym!

I finally took the BIG step of joining the gym last week.  This particular item had been on my to-do list for I don’t know how long, must have been years.  I was actually quite pleasantly surprised to find that I hadn’t lost my fitness to the extent that I had imagined.  I still could do a few routine exercises quite easily and without much loss of energy.  That was a revelation!  That was just enough to give me the confidence and the motivation I needed to continue to increase my fitness level to what it was 10 years back and then go beyond.  Somehow, I felt I could do it if 7 years of an 8-hour-a-day desktop job hadn’t been able to rust me up!

Wow!! Am I glad I joined the gym.  You bet I am!

However, I just can’t bet my money on how long I am going to continue as has always been my nature.  I start a good thing going only to let it slow down to a stop midway.  Not any more!  I hope!

Kudos to myself for at least beginning the process! My sudden change of work timings to a day shift slot did help though, and I really hope it remains so.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment